Scrambled Eggs the First

I haven't posted in a while. It wasn't for any particular lack of things to say; actually it was quite the opposite.   I've had this horrible lump of injustice catching in my throat and a sadness that keeps me up at night. I want to write about it, but I don't want to reveal private information about good friends of mine that they do not want the world to know about.

Therefore, scrambled eggs for everyone. If you're as much of a Beatles nerd as I am, you'll know that Scrambled Eggs was the working title for the song "Yesterday". That's not a terrible way to describe thoughts in progress, so I'm going to just label my disorderly thoughts as scrambled eggs until I've made further sense of it. In other words, don't take this too seriously.

I'm furious with the human race. It's possible that I may have been born this way, but if that were so I suspect I wouldn't feel this heartbreak every time it does the unthinkable. After so many times I've come to realize that human beings are capable of anything, and often perform the unfathomable deeds of good and bad persuasion almost simultaneously. I feel like people are trying to live with their heads down and simply doing the best they can to live within the world of a glass ceiling. We need air. We're strangling.

I'm wondering how much longer it will be before we see another hippie movement. Another Civil Rights movement. Another revolution. Ha. It's true that our memories are diminishing to the point that we can barely recall what happened the week prior, much less what happened to us twenty or thirty years ago. Crikey, I was a baby then. It's late at night, so I've been letting my brain do this wild wandering thing in which one half seems frustrated and jumbled and the other half is tied up in trying to keep the peace listening to Joni Mitchell and the Youngbloods. So it got me thinking about this concept a little more indepth.

I'm beginning to think that the survivalist movement is almost the embittered heir of yesterday's hippie. Living off the grid, self reliance, giving a big fuck you to the man...but it's different, isn't it? It's no longer about loving each other, but many times about protecting number one. I feel like I want to be supportive of those people who really can see the bigger picture and not get lost in the game, but I think that I just care too much about a larger swath of humanity that I still have hope for. I couldn't lock them out of my bunker. And look at our protests these days. Occupy Protests for example. We need a permit to speak out despite being promised freedom of speech and freedom of the press. Permission to dance. Permission to be, really. Humanity appears to have a sickness of the brain. They try so hard to be good but deny personal responsibility and expect others to take care of them because they feel entitled to care out of obligation or status rather than any other gesture of good will and reciprocity. Why does it feel like the world responds to love as being weakness and strength measured in military might? I'm guessing because it pretty much does.

Suffocating.

That's another reason I think Druidry is so important. When you leave your little holding cell and head out into the woods, everything becomes real again. Everything becomes true, and real, and tangible as the mud on your shoes and the rain in your hair. We are a natural part of the earth, not artifice. Destroy the lie that is keeping you from becoming person you truly are.


And these are my 'scrambled eggs' for the evening.









Comments

Popular Posts